Competition open until filled.
Reporting to the Manager of Therapy Services and working with staff of the Yukon Hospital Corporation and the general public, the Therapy Assistant (TA) assists Physiotherapists (PT), Occupational Therapists (OT) and Speech Language Therapists (SLP) in the treatment and rehabilitation of patients by performing, and assisting with the delivery of therapeutic interventions and promoting independence in daily living skills and improved quality of life.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Knowledge of general medical terminology and conditions
- Basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Some knowledge of office procedures
- Excellent judgment, problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with individual clients and groups
- Ability to lead individual and group exercise programs
- Ability to display tact, patience and understanding to patients/clients
- Ability to work with and motivate people from various ages, backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to schedule clients and keep accurate statistics
- Time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Cross cultural awareness
- Demonstrated computer skills
A certificate/diploma from a (PT/OT) Therapy Assistant Program ( 2 years), or Post-secondary education in a related field such as exercise science, kinesiology, physical sciences, or nursing aide and 1-2 years’ experience in the delivery of therapeutic group and individual programs, preferably in a hospital setting. The following are considered desirable; experience with MEDITECH modules, working as a receptionist, completion of medical terminology, and completion of computer skills courses.
An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Quoting competition # 2018-414, e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: Open Until Filled