Ultrasound/Medical Radiological Technologist
Our team is growing to support increasing demand
Reporting to the Manager of Medical Imaging, at Whitehorse General Hospital, the incumbent provides clinical and technical support to Physicians, with remote support of a Radiologist, by performing routine, emergency and specialized ultrasound examinations of patients including interventional procedures (under the guidance of Radiologist/Surgeon/Physician). Sets up, operates, and troubleshoots imaging equipment; produces and transmits digital images to Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) for Radiologist/Physician interpretation. Provides emergency callback services, supports the on-going quality assurance program and preventative maintenance testing of equipment; administrative/clerical and other related duties. Complies with all aspects of the Medical Radiological Technologist position description.
The following are knowledge and skills required for this position:
- Knowledge of and proficiency in ultrasound scanning techniques and procedures;
- Knowledge of and proficiency in endovaginal scanning and interventional procedures;
- Knowledge of cross sectional anatomy, physiology and pathology;
- Knowledge of ultrasound physics;
- Knowledge of imaging equipment (operates, troubleshoots and adjusts as required);
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations;
- Knowledge of sterile technique and infection control practices;
- Ability to recognize and respond to a change in patient condition;
- Ability to be innovative (adjusts equipment and/or patient and modifies procedures);
- Ability to deal with situations in a professional manner;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with colleagues, peers, patients and families;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, adapt to workload schedule variances and resolve work related problems;
- Ability to keep current with technology changes and aid in implementation of accepted change;
- Ability to train and orientate other health care professionals;
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail ;
- Reliability, self-motivation and ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Cross-cultural awareness.
The successful applicant will have Certification from an accredited Diagnostic Ultrasound Technology program, current credentialed membership with Sonography Canada and current CPR certification. Knowledge of computerized Hospital and Radiology Information systems, Picture Archiving Communication Systems (PACS) Certification in NTL, echocardiography, vascular, breast or musculoskeletal ultrasonography or Bachelor of Technology degree in Medical Imaging would be considered an asset for this position.
Quoting competition #2020-333 in the subject line, e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indigenous Workforce Initiative - We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-393-8780.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Date Posted: Open until filled