Getting ready to come to the hospital ahead of time will help you get checked in faster, and make your stay with us more comfortable.
Each time you come to the hospital, you should bring:
- your Yukon Health Care Card
- Status card
- one other government-issued photo identification like a driver’s license or permanent resident card
- all of your medications from home (in the bottles or packages they came in) along with an up-to-date list with the medication dose, the time you take it and what you take it for. This includes any prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications like Tylenol, vitamins, supplements and herbal therapies.
If you are staying overnight, when you get to your room, please show the medications to your nurse.
You may also want to bring:
- eye glasses or reading glasses
- a hair brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving supplies, and shampoo
- a bathrobe, pajamas and slippers (with rubber soles or non-skid dots)
- clothes to wear when you go home
- Pre-paid calling card for long distance phone calls
All Yukon's hospitals have a policy to keep the buildings fragrance-free. This means we ask all patients, visitors and staff not to wear or use scented products when they are in or coming to hospital.
Avoid bringing any valuable items. The hospital does not accept responsibility for the security any personal items.