Visitors are permitted between the hours of 8:00 am and 10:00 pm.
Exceptions to allow visitors access outside these hours will be made for:
- Visitors of palliative patients or the recently deceased
- Visitors of Emergency department patients
- Support persons
- At the discretion of the direct care team
Number of visitors in a patient's room will be restricted to ensure care teams are able to safely perform their duties:
- Multi-bed inpatient rooms will be limited to 2 visitors per patient at one time
- Single bed inpatient rooms will be limited to 4 visitors at one time unless otherwise directed by the Nursing department
- Emergency department and ICU rooms will be limited to 2 visitors per patient at one time
Visitors are required to follow all safety protocols in place while visiting or will be asked to leave the hospital.
Support Person: A visitor is necessary to facilitate safe patient care, including:
- A Substitute Decision Maker (SDM)
- A guardian of children under the age of 18
- An individual providing assistance for patients with cognitive or physical disability
- An individual who is supporting a post-anesthesia patient or a patient who has been administered a medication impacting decision making, and who requires discharge care instructions or support when leaving the facility
- An individual who is supporting a patient experiencing a cognitively impairing mental health issue
- An individual who is supporting a patient who has been formed under the Mental Health Act
- An individual providing assistance to a patient for a trauma informed response
All visitors and support persons must:
- Be symptom-free
- Have not been asked to self-isolate in the past 7 to 10, or 20 days
If you are required to self-isolate for 7, 10, or 20 days as per the Government of Yukon's requirements, you should not come to the hospital until after your isolation period, unless you are seeking urgent care.