Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Yukon Hospitals strives to cultivate an environment of passionate and engaged people with a culture that values growth, work/life balance, and wellness in helping all our people reach optimal ability. Our organization is an integrated system of hospitals: Whitehorse General Hospital (58 beds), Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds).
Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems the incumbent is responsible for collecting, assessing, and analyzing user requirements, departmental and/or hospital workflow, and supports process re-design by using a variety of methodical processes and tools, to ensure systems meet the needs of the clinicians and staff to deliver excellent quality care. In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Clinical Informatics Analyst evaluates, plans, implements, tests, maintains, and supports complex, integrated information systems which support clinical and health information needs throughout Yukon Hospital Corporation. The analyst will act as project leader for smaller scale projects. This position provides consultative support and training to regional users of software applications
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Strong knowledge of other HCIS applications relevant to the YHC including but not limited to: OR, BMV, Clinical Documentation, Order Entry, ER etc.;
- Good knowledge of multi-discipline, multi-site, and cross-departmental systems/applications and processes;
- Knowledge of established and evidence based best practices and procedures of nursing care;
- Knowledge of clinical informatics principles;
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of adult learning principles and practices;
- Knowledge of current MEDITECH computer applications and processes;
- Knowledge of LEAN Principles and process flow mapping;
- Ability to provide core HCIS support in a complex and highly integrated MEDITECH environment;
- Ability to work effectively and interact with all levels of the organization including physicians, senior management, middle management, expert users, and frontline staff, as well as external vendors;
- Ability to act as an advocate and be respectfully assertive
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with staff, vendors, and external stakeholders;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in teams to meet deadlines;
- Ability to facilitate expert user training;
- Ability to understand and analyze complex information and problem solve;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of teams, groups and individuals;
- Demonstrated success in supporting clinicians and healthcare staff in the use of electronic clinical applications
- Demonstrated ability to critically appraise practice related to nursing practice standards;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, coordinate and lead teams;
- Demonstrated effective organization skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills;
- Cross-cultural awareness;
The successful candidate is required to have a Diploma / Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, be currently registered with Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA), have three (3) years clinical informatics experience or five (5) years clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting at a senior supervisory level. One to two years’ experience as an educator/instructor; training & development would be an asset. Masters level degree preferred and/or a clinical informatics designation. Experience with a Healthcare Information System preferably MEDITECH systems is also desired.
TO APPLY: Quoting competition #2023-413, please e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact recruitment at email@example.com
Indigenous Workforce Initiative - We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: July 7, 2023/Open Until Filled