Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Yukon Hospitals strives to cultivate an environment of passionate and engaged people with a culture that values growth, work/life balance, and wellness in helping all our people reach optimal ability. Our organization is an integrated system of hospitals: Whitehorse General Hospital (58 beds), Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds).
Reporting to the Manager, Clinical Informatics, the incumbent is responsible for developing, coordinating and providing educational tools, classes, and programs to maintain and improve competencies of the Health Care Information Systems (HCIS) used by Clinical Operations at Yukon Hospital Corporation. The incumbent, in collaboration with Directors of Nursing, Operations Leads of Dawson City and Watson Lake Community Hospitals, Clinical Care Managers, and Clinical Nurse Educators is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the delivery of patient care within the HCIS. The incumbent, in collaboration with the People, Culture and Services Department, and the Chief of Staff office, is also responsible for facilitating the onboarding and access of new employees, students, and locums to the HCIS’s used at the hospitals by nurses and physicians.
Knowledge and Skills required for this position are as follows:
- Strong knowledge of the MEDITECH systems including but not limited to PCS, EDM, SUR, Specialty Care Flowsheet, PCM, OM, Web Acute, Web ED, and more.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of adult learning principles and practices;
- Knowledge of present and emerging education delivery models;
- Knowledge of established and evidence based best practices and procedures of health care delivery;
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the informatics field;
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate an orientation/education program within a hospital, including needs assessment, training techniques and course development;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within complex systems and with a variety of teams, groups and individuals;
- Demonstrated ability to critically appraise practice related to health care practice standards;
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and mentorships skills;
- Demonstrated high computer literacy and expert level practice in informatics systems;
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills;
- Advocacy and assertiveness skills;
- Cross-cultural awareness;
The successful applicant will have a Baccalaureate/Diploma in Nursing, current registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association, and current CPR certification, Five years clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting; One to two years’ experience as an educator/instructor; training & development; An equivalent combination of training and/or experience may be considered. A Master’s degree in Nursing or Adult Education and current certification or enrolment in theories/principles of adult teaching and learning is strongly desired.
TO APPLY: Quoting competition #2023-528, please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com
For more information, contact recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Indigenous Workforce Initiative - We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: September 13, 2023/Open Until Filled